Startup Estonia – Newsletter

In the beginning of December, a first-time business festival sTARTUp Day was extremely successfully held in Tartu with almost 3000 people in attendance. You can get a peek into the awesome event by checking out their official photo albumafter-movie or our recap. Photo: Anton Klink

great end to a great year

Our team is back from the holidays and vacations rested and energetic, ready to take on the new year but before we do so, although a little later than usual, let us take a look back at the last bit of the past year – the great and busy December.

In December, VR startup Wolfprint 3D raised over $500,000 on crowdfunding platform Seedinvest; B2B accelerator Startup Wise Guys raised almost €400,000 for their next batch of startups on Funderbeam; time tracker startup Toggl created a nifty little game that helps to understand the joys and perils of a startup founder; a collaborative online whiteboard startup Deekit won the first prize at the new Estonian early-stage startup competition at sTARTUp Day; and the scientific collaboration startup Guaana established an official partnership with the Government of Dubai.

We are definitely excited for the new year and have several awesome projects coming up – all of which you will hear about in due time. In the meanwhile, keep an eye on the startup events in Estonia through subscribing to the weekly Startup Digest newsletter or following us on Facebook.

Have an excellent start to the year and see you soon! 🙂

Startup Estonia team

the latest best startup reads

Steve Jürvetson & the Big Think


One of the highlights during the Slush conference in Helsinki was Steve Jürvetson’s talk on thinking big, providing a glimpse into how he sees the future and logically connects the present and the likely future of many large and currently rather undisrupted sectors. Find out more

sTARTUp Day 2016 aimed high and scored even higher


The first-time event’s popularity exceeded all expectations and we were very pleased to see so many people taking interest in the world of startups. Here’s our recap with comments from several startup community members. Find out more

E-stonia: digital nation


In December, Audi visited Estonia to get to know our startup scene more closely, visiting and interviewing Jobbatical, Cityntel, Garage48, Startup Estonia and others. Guest appearance also by Riki the startup dog! Find out more

The 1000 day survival guide for startups


The first 1000 days are crucial to a startup’s success as 92% of startups die within that period. What to focus on in order to be among the remaining 8%? Find out more
 

The Estonian president invites everyone to become an e-resident


Estonian e-services are opening up many opportunities for global entrepreneurs and digital nomads, thus also boosting the startup ecosystem. The good news is that it is possible to join our exclusive club of digitally empowered citizens – by applying for an e-residency. Find out more

Top 20 startups in Estonia (to keep your eye on) in 2017


During the sTARTUp Day business festival, a competition was held to find the best up-and-coming startups in Estonia. A jury of Estonian and foreign investors evaluated a large number of early-stage startups and a list of 20 most promising ones were chosen! Find out more

Building culture through storytelling


Transferwise’s HR Architect Kairi Pauskar share her practical learnings on how to use storytelling as a tool to build a great company culture and why is having a clear company culture important, bringing plenty of examples from Transferwise. Find out more
Check out more exciting startup reads
 
events not to miss
Webinar “How to Run Your Startup”
Global Game Jam 2017 // Tartu
Redefining IT-Security
 Loomehäkk vol 3: Entertainment edition
Student Startup Camp Tartu 2017
Startupbootcamp Networking Event & Office Hours with Alex Farce
Check out other exciting upcoming startup events
 
KEEP AN EYE ON THE BUZZ
Copyright © *|2017|* Startup Estonia, All rights reserved.

via Blogger http://ift.tt/2iZGamZ

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s