internet is filled with loads of free tools to kickstart any size of
startup. When we kicked off Novosight we
also used free tools. These helped us solve day to day assignments more
efficiently. As time progressed and the business kept growing the free
versions of the tools became obsolete. Admitted we still use some free
tools and freemium versions now and again to get things done. Because no
matter how far along in the startup process you are, there are free
tools which can help you become a leaner more efficient startup. The
following is a list of free tools you can use to kickstart your wants
and needs for free.
SOURCE & CREDITS TO:
NAME: MICHAEL Rurup Andersen
ADVICE: “Use free tools to get your BUSINESS started, but use them with CAUTION and know when to use money on payed tools”
Get A Free Website
I know you want it. A free website and you can built it with a wide variety of tools.
- HTML5 UP: makes it easy to create fully responsive HTML5 and CSS3 site templates.
- Bootswatch: Easy to install free themes built for Bootstrap, also available for shopify stores
- Templated: A collection of 845 free CSS & HTML5 site templates.
- WordPress.org | WordPress.com:
Create your new website for free using the wordpress framework. Would
recommend buying you own domain and installing wordpress cms.
- Strikingly: Free, unlimited mobile optimized websites build in a matter of minutes.
- Layers: A simple easy to use WordPress site builder.
- Bootstrap Zero: The largest open-source free Bootstrap collection.
Free Branding & Logo
Not a visual design talent? Can’t
afford photoshop or know how to use it? Don’t worry you can still get
visual stunning branding and logos with these resources.
- Logaster: Generate an make your professional looking logo online.
- Hipster Logo Generator: Want more of a hipster feel? Stay stylish with this generator
- Squarespace Free Logo: download free low-res version of your new logo for free.
- Signature Maker: A free web based tool that creates your handwritten digital signature.
Free Legal Docs
Can’t afford expensive attorneys? These resources will help you to the all the legal docs you need.
- Kiss: Free legal docs for startup founders and investor.
- Docracy: An open collection of free legal documents.
- Shake: Create, sign and send legally binding agreements in seconds. Free for personal use.
A lot of time goes into getting the right idea and keep building on it. Idea management must be a priority for any startup.
- Experiment Board: Test your startup idea without wasting time or money.
- Germ.io: Get from idea to execution.
- Skitch (Evernote): Your ideas become reality faster
Free Startup Name Generators
It’s tricky to find the perfect idea for any startup, especially your own. These tools make this simpler and easier.
- The Name App: Find an available name for your startup across domain names and social media.
- Naminum: Discover a perfect company name.
- Short Domain Search: Find short, available single-word domain names.
- Wordoid: Pick a short and catchy name for your business.
- Hipster Business Name Generator: Admit it! You want a hipster startup name.
- Impossibility: The best domain name generator ever (or so I’ve heard).
- Lean Domain Search: Find a domain name for your website in seconds.
- Domainr: Fast, free, domain name search, short URLs.
FREE WEBSITE ANALYZER
Even a free website have to be optimized. With these tools you can analyze your website(s) and your competitors.
- Open Site Explorer: A comprehensive tool for link analysis powered by Moz.
- Ahrefs: Explor any site & check its backlinks.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: Know where to optimize your WordPress site.
- Hubspot Marketing Grader: Grade your marketing.
- SimilarWeb: Analyze website statistics for any domain.
- Alexa Ranking: Analytical insights to analyze any site’s rank.
- SERPs Rank Checker: Free keyword rank & SERP checker.
- Keywordtool.io: Free alternative to Google Keyword Planner.
- Copyscape: Search for copies of your page on the web.
- Google Pagespeed Insights: Check the performance of your site.
- Pingdom: Test & the load time of a site.
- GTMetrics: Analyze your page’s speed performance.
- W3C validator: Easy-to-use markup validation service.
Free Image Optimizer
An optimized image is important for
faster load times and user experience. The trick is to compress images
without loosing quality. These tools will help you.
- TinyJPG | TinyPNG: Compress images for faster load time.
- Compressor.io: Optimize and compress your images online.
- Kraken: Optimize your images & accelerate your websites.
- ImageOptimizer: Resize, compress and optimize your image files.
- ImageOptim: Makes images take up less disk space & load faster.
- Smush.it: Image optimizer WordPress plugin.
- Dunnnk: Beautiful mockups.
- InstaMockup: Create beautiful screenshots of your app or website.
Free Image Editors
Editing images can be a major hassle
if you’re not a designer. Creativity and setting up the images to
perfection have never been easier with these tools.
- Canva: Amazingly simple graphic design for bloggers.
- Pixlr: Pixlr Editor is a robust browser photo editor.
- Skitch: Get your point across with fewer words.
- Easel.ly: Empowers anyone to create & share powerful visuals.
- Social Image Resizer Tool: Create optimized images for social media.
- Placeit: Free product mockups & templates.
- Recite: Turn a quote into a visual masterpiece.
- Meme Generator: The first online meme generator.
- Pablo: Design engaging images for your social media posts in under 30 seconds.
Free Guides & Courses
Free guides and course for every
entrepreneurial need. Build up your skills for free and become a better
entrepreneur with these tools.
- Primer: No-nonsense, jargon-free marketing lessons (by Google).
- KeepYourFriendsClose: A free e-book about maximizing Customer Lifetime Value.
- Pricing Course: A free 9 day course on charging what you’re worth.
- Email Course for Sponsorships: How to get sponsorships for anything.
- Startup Sales Course: A free course to help you become a better marketer.
- Build an online course: A free course to help you build an online course.
- MailCharts: A FREE email course to help you become a better marketer.
- FirstSiteGuide: The beginner’s guide to successful blogging.
- Cousera.org attend course from the best universities in the world for free. Codeacademy.com Learn how to code in any language
- Google tag manager training Become an expert in Goole Tag manager
- Google Analytics Academy Learn all the tricks for the most used web analytics in the world
- Facebook advertising course for you who wants to become better at facebook advertising
Free Social Media Management
You are building a business and your
fanbase is growing, what you want is having the best tools to manage all
your social media platforms.
- WriteRack: The best way to tweetstorm.
- Spruce: Make Twitter ready images in seconds.
- Click To Tweet: Get more shares on your content.
- MyTweetLinks: Increases Twitter traffic.
- Latergram: Easily plan & schedule your Instagram posts.
- WordPress Pin it Button for Images: Add a “Pin It” button.
- SharedCount: Track URL shares, likes, tweets, and more.
- How Many Shares Count how many shares a URL has across most social networks, all in one place.
- Justunfollow: Follow / unfollow people on Twitter & Instagram.
- SocialRank: Identify, organize, and manage your followers on Twitter.
- Klout: Social media influence score on browser extension.
- Ritetag: Instant hashtag analysis.
- Social Analytics: Interactions for a URL on most social platforms.
- Buffer Free Plan: Schedule posts to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+.
- Bitly: Create, share, and track shortened links.
- Filament: A free beautiful and customizable sharing bar.
- Addthis: Get more shares, follows and conversions.
- Sumome Share: Auto-optimizes your share buttons for max traffic.
- Digg Digg: Your all in one share buttons plugin.
- Disqus: Build a community of active readers & commenters.
- App Review Monitor: App reviews delivered to Slack and your inbox.
- Presskit Generator: Generate a Press Kit for your iOS App for free.
- Free Survey Creator: Create a survey. Get user feedback for free.
Free Customer Service & Surveys
Stay current with with your customers needs and wants with these free tools.
- Typeform: Free beautiful online survey & form builder.
- Tally: Create polls in no time.
- Free Survey Creator: Create a survey. Get user feedback for free.
- Batch: The first-ever 100% free engagement platform for mobile apps.
- Helprace: Customer service tool. Free for up to 3 agents for small support teams.
A/B TESTS & GROWTH HACKING
When you know what they need and want, then you need to know how to deliver it online in the best possible way.
- Petit Hacks: Acquisition, retention, & revenue hacks used by companies.
- Optimizely: One optimization platform for websites and mobile apps.
- Hello Bar: Tool for A/B testing different CTAs & power words.
- GrowthHackers: Unlocking growth. Together.
Other Free Stuff
Want to meet a startup advisor face-to-face and get free advice then sign up for Iværksætterhusets startupmøder near you.
Network is crucial for any startup. If you are situated in Copenhagen and want to meet likeminded join the free network Iværksætter københavn. There’s two free monthly meetings and holiday social get togethers.
Want to see the complete list of more than 400+ tools to kickstart your startup, visit growth.supply/free/all/
Not Everything That’s Free Is Golden
Not everything which is free are
golden. You have to be able to spot when it’s time to upgrade to a payed
version or a new payed tool and even to get professional help. Free
tools will only get you so far and could be something which -in the long
run- could hold back your startup.
Want more free tips, tricks and guides visit our blog at Novosight
Michael Rurup Andersen have worked with lifting and activating brand online since 2009, as a consultant, freelancer and inhouse specialist. In 2015 he started a consultant company with Julian Christmas which specializing in helping small and medium sized businesses with online marketing.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2bMqQI8